Wednesday 19 March 2014

Label Makers



Life is like heady wine.
Everyone reads the label on the bottle.
Hardly anyone tastes the wine.
Buddha once pointed to a flower and asked each of his disciples to say something
about it.
One pronounced a lecture.
Another a poem.
Yet another a parable.
Each outdid the other in depth and erudition.
Label-makers!
Mahakashyap smiled and held his tongue.
Only he had seen the flower.
If I could only taste a bird,
a flower,
a tree,
a human face!
But, alas, I have no time.
My energy is spent deciphering the label.

The other day I met this guy and for a moment I almost had my reservations for why he was in a place as I was in , it was a classy restaurant
Honestly he didn't belong there , I made my judgement by the way he was wearing
later on I was introduced to him and he was the owner of the place
Thank goodness when we first met I greeted him and didn't brush him off
Ever had an awkward moment, meeting someone who you class as beneath you only to find out later their stand in society is much higher than yours and you need a favor from them
It happens I guess

Here is my point don't even reserve your judgments just have non
When you get a chance to meet someone just be in the moment
Acceptance is key
Lets learn to adhere to each other and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment