Thursday 19 March 2015

The Side Chick Syndrome



To start of this topic I thought it's best I embark on a journey on the interweb and find some definitions from all over the world, i'm sure you also have your own definition of a " Side Chick "

*  A female that is neither a male's wife or girlfriend who has relations with the male while he is in another relationship
* A position allocated to a girl which is neither a wifey or a girlfriend but a side dish like nandos rice
The girl a guy cheats on his girlfriend with because she's better in bed. Not always a bad thing to the girl and guy, just society

My definition: A side chick is someone with whom you have sex with occasionally because the sex is  really good but you do not want to leave your current partner. I guess for most of us half a loaf of bread is better than nothing hey. It's morally pressumptious of me to assume my definition but in retrospect I still believe it to be true. Most of us boys/girls our self esteem has been beaten to the ground and stamped on for so much, for so long that we do not think we deserve better than what we currently have. I can confidently say there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single, you do not have to stoop so low just to get someones attention. This thing of sex partners and what not is not on. We need as a society to get back to the old ways, shit who am I kidding getting the milk and not having to deal with the drama is awesome I admit it.

Look I am not advocating for irrational behavior but the simple fact that you can have sex with someone without any emotional attachments and drama sounds good to me. And yet its wrong, it's almost as if we can't decide whether to do what is simple or what is right by our woman. For me the following lyrics wraps everything up nicely taken from a song by: Daughter - Youth.

Shadows settle on the place, that you left.
Our minds are troubled by the emptiness.
Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time.
From the perfect start to the finish line.

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones.
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs.
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong
The lovers that went wrong.

We are the reckless,
We are the wild youth
Chasing visions of our futures
One day we'll reveal the truth
That one will die before he gets there.

" Maybe we feel empty because we leave pieces of ourselves in everything we used to love " Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment