Tuesday 8 April 2014

To my Muse


You cant really catch it 
Or hold it with both arms 
But you can feel it 
You know its all over you 
It makes waking up in the morning much easy and bearable 
It gives you hope 
It makes you feel like you can fly

When I first met you it didn't feel like we were strangers 
We sat up talking all night like old friends 
Honestly I don't remember what you were wearing 
I don't remember your shoes
I remember you
I remember our conversation 
I remember how I felt when I was sitting next to you
I remember your smile 
I remember the way you looked at me , like no woman has ever done before 
I remember the way you made me laugh
I remember you, all of you, I remember us 
I remember we were not talking but connecting 
I remember your scent 
I remember you

Once in a while you meet someone 
With no expectations or reservations you open yourself to any possibility
You take a chance and say 'hi' one more time 
Call it magic
As I hold you in my arms 
I am your soldier , if anyone ever even took your smile away I would go to war 
I am singing it out loud , I am singing it in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment