Thursday 3 April 2014

I want more


I want more 
More 
More 
I can't help it more is good right ?
I want a bigger TV , bed , a bigger place to stay ?
I want more 

We never take time to be thankful for what we have . 
I have some jeans I bought some months back , never used them and on the weekend I bought a few more. 
It only occurred to be late on Sunday what I had done .
So here I am looking at my latest pair of jeans and I happen to glance at the other pair I had bought earlier on. Like why would I do such a thing 
I mean I have enough jeans to start with , why would I go and buy more jeans 
On average I usually have 2 favorite jeans that I wear on the regular in any given season 
But why would I go buy more jeans when I already have enough jeans in the first place 

I am a very curious person so I read a lot of international news especially around Africa . 
So today I read a story of a woman who wanted to commit suicide by burning herself , likely she survived and when asked why she would commit such a horrible thing by her husband of 24 years, she said : she had seen enough and couldn't take it any more . The soldiers have burned her heart , they took away her hope and seeing her children suffer because she couldn't feed them killed her spirit she was no longer alive .

And here I am buying a pair of jeans , jeans that I will most probably never wear or notice are around 
I am sad , the story broke my heart 
We want more , more all the time and yet if we counted our blessing one by one we will surely agree to the fact that we have more that enough and we don't need any more pair of jeans 
Lets stop buying jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment