Wednesday 10 September 2014

Money makes the world go round in a square world



So a bit of background
when I still stayed at home
creditors used to come by asking for their cash
and my naughty uncle would always make me lie and say he's not around
I used to hate doing it
I remember this one time someone called and he told me to say he wasn't in the house
I laughed so hard coz i'm sitting right next to him, I mean like really hehehe
Long story short from those experiences I hated creditors with a passion
So years later I started working and for a good part of my life I was credit free
Didn't have a debit or an account under my name
This one time I wanted to buy a phone on contract though I could afford it
They couldn't give it to me cos I didn't have a credit history
"A credit history "they said
So there I was on the phone with a consultant who can't give me what I can afford because I don't have " credit history "
This makes no sense at all
So I opened some accounts and they gave me plenty credit
So much that I started getting into debt that I could no longer afford
There I was with so much credit on my name that I didn't even know what to do with it
Every time I had to pay up these accounts felt like a piece of me was dying with every payment I made
Then I decided to pay them all up
Best decision ever but guess what ????
Now that I have payed up all my accounts and no longer have credit on my name
My credit history is in danger , apparently you need to stay active so u can get more credit at a later stage in your life
So if I want to buy a house or something bigger I need this credit
I feel like i'm a joke
The system is a joke , it's designed to keep me in debt inasmuch as I want to get out of it
So here I am buying socks every month end just to keep my account active
So I can have a good credit history
This is messed up I tell you

No comments:

Post a Comment